GRAM Job submission failed because the job manager failed to create an internal script argument file

Prentice Bisbal

Sep 17, 2020, 3:07:39 PM9/17/20
to admin-...@globus.org

Hi,

I'm a new Globus admin. We had an existing Globus system that I recently migrated to a new system. The previous system was setup by a previous system administrator who has since left. I setup the new system by copying the configuration from the old system, wherever I could. For awhile the system was working fine, and then about 2 days ago, I started having issues with it.

For example, one user reported this error after using globus-job-run to run the command /bin/date:

GRAM Job submission failed because the job manager failed to create an internal script argument file (error code 22)

Any idea what could cause this error, or where to look for clues?

I can see in /var/log/gridftp-auth.log and /var/log/gridftp.log that the same user can transfer files.

--
Prentice

Stuart Martin

Sep 17, 2020, 4:27:05 PM9/17/20
to admin-...@globus.org
Hi Prentice,

I'm sorry, but this is not the appropriate forum for Globus Toolkit
software questions.

The Globus team's support for the open source Globus Toolkit expired
in January of 2018:
https://www.globus.org/blog/support-open-source-globus-toolkit-ends-january-2018

For support with GRAM, you'll want to check out the Grid Community
Forum's website here:
https://gridcf.org/

Best,
Stu Martin