Update COLLECTION_BASE_PATH in existing collection

Marco Mambelli

Apr 11, 2024, 1:30:12 PMApr 11
to Discuss
Greetings,
I created a collection and used the wrong root path.
I did not find any option to update the COLLECTION_BASE_PATH of an existing collection.
Is it possible?
Or should I delete the existing collection and create a new one w/ the correct root path and the same name, storages and options?

Thank you,
Marco

Dan Powers

Apr 11, 2024, 3:26:53 PMApr 11
to Discuss, marcom...@gmail.com
Hi Marco,

At this time, there is no supported method to change/update the base path of a collection.

Generally, you'll want to simply create a new collection if you find that you are wanting a collection with a different base path.

If you have an established collection that you are wanting to point at a different base path, and if that collection has been in use for a while and would be difficult to retire and replace, you might want to consider using a bind mount so that the file system path set for the collection base path points at a different file system location. This can allow you to get around the immutability of the collection base path value.

Does this make sense?

Marco Mambelli

Apr 12, 2024, 11:16:32 AMApr 12
to Dan Powers, Discuss
Hi Dan,
I was hoping for some undocumented flag since the documentation said that everything could be changed in the update.
I made already.a symbolic link as a temporary fix.
I will do a new collection copying all the info. So far it has been used only by a few users that I can reach out to.
Thanks,
Marco