Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

Robert Bjornson

olvasatlan,
2024. máj. 13. 10:58:38máj. 13.
– Discuss
Hi all,

I am trying to do something that seems simple:
In a bash script, transfer a file between two endpoints, without having to manually log in.

I've tried creating a service account app, have generated the secret key, and can use
the key successfully to do something simple, like globus ls <esnet>.  However, when I try to use the key to ls our Yale endpoints, or try to transfer anything, I get various errors indicating a lack of authentication, or asking me to relogin.

e.g.
The resource you are trying to access requires you to re-authenticate.
message: Session reauthentication required (Globus Transfer)

Please run:

    globus session update yale.edu

I've tried to read the documentation, but am deeply confused.  It seems like the service account doesn't have the correct credentials.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks,
Rob Bjornson

Karl Kornel

olvasatlan,
2024. máj. 13. 11:16:40máj. 13.
– Robert Bjornson, Discuss
Hi Robert,

I wonder if you’re trying to access Mapped Collections, or Guest Collections.

In the former case, Mapped Collections need to authenticate you, in order to map your service account identity to a local account.  Such a mapping may not be in place: Unless the Globus admin for the endpoint did something, there’s no way for them to know that your service account is affiliated with Yale.

In that case, the fastest solution is to create a Guest Collection, and give your service account access to data in the collection.

Once that’s done, you might still need to do an additional auth or session update, but that’s should be script-able!

~ Karl

On May 13, 2024, at 7:58 AM, Robert Bjornson <rbjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to discuss+u...@globus.org.