Client and transfer access tokens

Ioannis Paraskevakos

Apr 16, 2024, 2:40:55 PMApr 16
to Discuss

Hello all,

I want to create an app that supports globus transfers without any user intervention. The app will be in a secure system and can save secrets. As a result, using the client and transfer authentication tokens make a lot of sense. Towards that purpose I’m trying to follow the examples here:

https://globus-sdk-python.readthedocs.io/en/stable/examples/authorization.html

Can someone please point me how to create the necessary tokens? I cannot find anything in the documentation.

Thank you,

Giannis

Josh Bryan

Apr 16, 2024, 2:52:32 PMApr 16
to Ioannis Paraskevakos, Discuss
Ioannis,

The example you linked to shows how to use the authentication tokens once you get them, but the examples that will show how to get authentication tokens are:
Regards,
Josh

Giannis Paraskevakos

Apr 18, 2024, 12:57:04 PMApr 18
to Josh Bryan, Discuss

Josh,

Thank you, those really helped. Can you also point me to the example to get a refresh token?

Best,

Ioannis

Josh Bryan

Apr 18, 2024, 2:04:55 PMApr 18
to Giannis Paraskevakos, Discuss

Ioannis,

The sdk docs have an index with quite a few useful examples, including one on getting refresh tokens with a native app and using that refresh token with an authorizer.  Additionally, I'd recommend working through the tutorial that has a full section dedicated to using refresh tokens.

Regards,
Josh