Fwd: This issue from UCEAP:

Undergrad Advising Global Studies

Jul 1, 2024, 5:11:07 PMJul 1
to opport...@global.ucsb.edu
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: The Californian Abroad <californ...@uceap.universityofcalifornia.edu>
Date: Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 4:00 PM
Subject: This issue from UCEAP:
To: <megha...@ucsb.edu>

💪🏾 🌏 A Black Woman's Guide to Thriving in South Korea
A BLACK WOMAN’S GUIDE TO THRIVING
IN SOUTH KOREA
During the first week of study abroad, Jodi Felder (UC Riverside) was ready to board the next flight back home.

In this guide, Jodi shares the insights that helped her thrive as a Black woman studying abroad in Korea, where she experienced racial prejudice and still has no regrets about taking part in this transformative journey.
Jodi's Story >
MORE NEW POSTS
HOW TO VOTE IN THE US ELECTIONS FROM ABROAD

Studying abroad in the fall typically promises changing colors, and this year—a presidential election.

The good news is that you can still make your voice heard back home while on study abroad.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ...
HARVESTING OLIVES IN PROVENCE, FRANCE

UCEAP alums find so many connections between their life's trajectory and the time they spent on study abroad.

Read how Elias Veran (UC Santa Barbara) found his way to a UCEAP alum's olive farm outside a rural French village last November.
LOOK FORWARD TO ...
Here are some new stories coming soon:
  • Scholarship tips for first-generation students
  • Life lessons learned in Seoul
IN THEIR WORDS
"My experience working abroad allowed me to gain leadership skills, grow professionally and personally. It helped me center which fields of sustainability I would like to explore. It was one of the highlights of study abroad and I wouldn't change even a moment of the experience."

Malena Buffagni · UC Berkeley · Denmark
UPCOMING UCEAP EVENTS
If you're excited about studying abroad but not sure where to start, register to attend this webinar!
Ruse and Orange colored graphic with three bubble shaped images of people in different locations
Looking for authentic content and student stories to share in your student communications? Please feel free to add these posts to your emails, website, and social channels.
As always, thank you for your support sharing these articles with students. If you have a topic that you'd like to suggest or explore writing with us, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
Through international academic experiences, the University of California Education Abroad Program inspires students to explore and transform their lives, UC, and the world.
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Email
Website
Copyright © 2024 University of California Education Abroad Program, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
420 S. Fairview Avenue, Suite 202, Goleta, CA 93117

Unsubscribe from this list or update your preferences

--
Global Studies Undergraduate Advising Team
Meghan Zero + Taylor Ross + Undergraduate Peer Advisors

UC Santa Barbara