Nexus as proxy for (Maven) Github packages ?

Torsten Reinhard

May 7, 2024, 8:03:33 AMMay 7
to Nexus Users
Hi,

we´re moving from Jenkins/Nexus approach to Github (actions and packages).

Is there a way to configure Nexus to "proxy" the Github packages, so all builds will still work, even if some of the dependencies are built and deployed as Github packages?

I´ve setup a technical User in github, created a Token and the token has the appropriate config to read packages.

I tried configuring a Maven proxy repo as well as a raw proxy Repo - but could´nt get Nexus to download my artifacts.

Is there any official documentation avaiilable? What´s the recommended way or which settings do I have to apply to get it working ?

The download is working with:

Thanx for any advice !

best regards,
Torsten

Anders Hammar

May 8, 2024, 4:50:44 AMMay 8
to Torsten Reinhard, Nexus Users
I have a maven2 proxy pointing at
https://maven.pkg.github.com/OWNER/REPOSITORY/ working in Nexus
3.67.0. Nothing special other than I have to specify authentication
(Username type).

/Anders

Torsten Reinhard

May 13, 2024, 9:29:03 AMMay 13
to Nexus Users, anders, Nexus Users, Torsten Reinhard
working now - I simply forgot to add "*.azure.cloud.mycompany" to the exclusion list in the http proxy settings of Nexus.

Thx