NXRM3 Status overview: Scheduler gives Error

Mariska

Jan 14, 2023, 1:23:51 AM1/14/23
to Nexus Users
Hi there,

Since I upgraded to NXRM3 OSS 3.44.0-01, the status overview reports that the Scheduler has an error. But I can't find what the error is. All tasks are running correctly. There's just a red exclamation error icon on the Scheduler.
The logging also doesn't give me a clue. After upgrading to 3.45.0-01, the icon is still a red exclamation.

Does anyone know how to find out what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Mariska Hoogenboom.

Mariska

Feb 27, 2023, 10:35:30 AM2/27/23
to Nexus Users, Mariska
Hi all,
Our Scheduler still reports an error, although I solved one error with one of the tasks missing a mandatory setting. Does anyone know which setting still could be wrong or how to find out which trigger description is missing:
"Scheduler": { "healthy": false, "message": null, "error": { "cause": null, "stackTrace": [ { "methodName": "getMissingTriggerDescriptions", "fileName": "QuartzSchedulerSPI.java", "lineNumber": 594, "className": "org.sonatype.nexus.quartz.internal.QuartzSchedulerSPI", "nativeMethod": false
Thanks,
Mariska

Mariska

Jul 1, 2023, 7:10:23 AM7/1/23
to Nexus Users, Mariska

I found someone else who has this issue: https://community.sonatype.com/t/scheduler-shows-red-exclamation-mark-after-move-to-new-server/10528
Does anyone know how to analyse this further and get rid of this scheduler failure? I've already tried to remove all tasks, but the problem persists.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Mariska

Linus9000

Jul 27, 2023, 2:05:42 AM7/27/23
to Nexus Users, Mariska
I don't know how the error came to be, but I could fix it by manually deleting every task from the database. Most of my tasks were created automatically anyways, as they are repository health checks. But please note, that may not be the case for everyone, make sure you know what tasks you have so you can recreate them. Also, back up your database before, in case something goes wrong :-)

Here's how I did it, with my Nexus installation being in /opt/nexus and my data directory being in /var/nexus-data:

nexus@my-nexus-server:~$ java -jar /opt/nexus/lib/support/nexus-orient-console.jar

OrientDB console v.2.2.37 (build a7541e7ceeabf592dd9a7b2928b6c023cbc73193, branch 2.2.x) https://www.orientdb.com
Type 'help' to display all the supported commands.
orientdb> connect plocal:/var/nexus-data/db/config admin admin

Connecting to database [plocal:/var/nexus-data/db/config] with user 'admin'...OK

orientdb {db=config}> delete from quartz_job_detail
Delete record(s) '38' in 0,047000 sec(s).

orientdb {db=config}> delete from quartz_trigger
Delete record(s) '22' in 0,037000 sec(s).orientdb

orientdb {db=config}> exit

I'd assume that if you had an external database the table names would be the same, I'm just adding the OrientDB commands here because I found using its console confusing, maybe it helps someone else. Unfortunately I could not find out which job was the problem, if someone could find that out we could be more precise in our deletion.

Cheers :-)

Mariska

Aug 1, 2023, 9:26:51 AM8/1/23
to Nexus Users, Linus9000, Mariska
Thanks, I will try this. I had tried from the UI, but will try this from the orientdb console. Maybe there is a task that is not visible in the UI.

Mariska

Aug 17, 2023, 3:45:41 AM8/17/23
to Nexus Users, Mariska, Linus9000
Hi,
I've finally had a chance to test it. At first I still saw the same error, but then I tried again and added:

orientdb {db=config}> rebuild index *

after deleting the records, and voila, the scheduler reports a 'green status'.

So, thanks a lot!