can not proxy a yum repository

Glenn Johnson

Jun 17, 2022, 2:47:23 PM6/17/22
to Nexus Users
I would like to proxy a yum repository but have not been able to get it to work. This is the error that I see when running

yum makecache

[Errno 14] curl#60 - "SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

I have an nginx reverse proxy if that matters.

Sonatype Nexus Repository Manager OSS 3.39.0-01

Glenn Johnson

Jun 17, 2022, 3:31:48 PM6/17/22
to Nexus Users
Follow up:

I tried to proxy an apt repo and tested it on a Ubuntu system. I get a similar error.

Certificate verification failed: The certificate is NOT trusted. The certificate issuer is unknown.  Could not handshake: Error in the certificate verification. [IP: 128.255.58.219 443]

I am guessing that this is a problem on the server hosting the Repository Manager. Does that machine need to be able to accept connections for proxying to work? As of now the firewall is set to be able to access ports 80 and 443 out to the Internet but everything inbound is blocked. I am just throwing that out there in case it is important.

Glenn Johnson