The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request

Matt

Jan 5, 2017, 9:29:39 AM1/5/17
to Nexus Users
Hi All,

Please can you suggest on the below mentioned issue.

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request

with some messages You can get technical details and Please continue your visit at our Home page.

we are getting the above messages when trying to hit the respective url of  nexus.

as we are not able to deploy, the deployment got failed while downloading zip file from nexus link.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Matt

Matt

Jan 5, 2017, 9:32:39 AM1/5/17
to Nexus Users
Another message is

10.4.18 417 Expectation Failed

The expectation given in an Expect request-header field (see section 14.20) could not be met by this server, or, if the server is a proxy, the server has unambiguous evidence that the request could not be met by the next-hop server.

Please consider this as  further details of the problem mentioned below.

Rich Seddon

Jan 5, 2017, 9:33:44 AM1/5/17
to Matt, Nexus Users
An exception is being thrown in Nexus.  Check the nexus.log file, there will be more information there.

Rich

Matt

Peter Lynch

Jan 5, 2017, 10:47:29 AM1/5/17
to Matt, Nexus Users
Do you have a reverse proxy in front of Nexus, like Apache httpd or nginx? It does not look like the status code came from Nexus. You can check Nexus request.log for 417 to verify this.

Matt

Jan 5, 2017, 10:59:29 AM1/5/17
to Nexus Users, mtn...@gmail.com
Thanks Peter,

Yes we do have proxy in place and can you guide me where i can find the  request.log as in our structure of logs only nexus.log file is there and i have found the same in proxy as well.

Regards
Matt

Matt

Jan 5, 2017, 11:16:18 AM1/5/17
to Nexus Users, mtn...@gmail.com
And one more thing over my previous issue while deploying we are getting the below mentioned error

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500

Thanks hope this helpful to you.

Peter Lynch

Jan 5, 2017, 12:47:14 PM1/5/17
to Matt, Nexus Users
On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Matt <mtn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Peter,

Yes we do have proxy in place and can you guide me where i can find the  request.log as in our structure of logs only nexus.log file is there and i have found the same in proxy as well.

Modern versions of Nexus have a request.log in the same directory as nexus.log. It sounds like you have an old version, are using a war file, or it is not configured correctly.

Most reverse proxies have an error.log - I cannot help you find that as it can be highly customized. Check with your reverse proxy admin.

Matt

Jan 6, 2017, 7:00:24 AM1/6/17
to Nexus Users, mtn...@gmail.com
Thanks Peter,

Appreciate your valuable suggestions, as i am little new to this Ci nexus, just want to share you it seems like this might be because of the space in the respective nexus file system which is causing this issue as users while deploying are not able to download the zip and while reaching the Nexus url from the browser it is not reaching and getting message.

I am raising the File system space, meanwhile want to ask you do have any thought on the same.

Regards
Matt

Peter Lynch

Jan 6, 2017, 1:10:39 PM1/6/17
to Matt, Nexus Users
On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 8:00 AM, Matt <mtn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Peter,

Appreciate your valuable suggestions, as i am little new to this Ci nexus, just want to share you it seems like this might be because of the space in the respective nexus file system which is causing this issue as users while deploying are not able to download the zip and while reaching the Nexus url from the browser it is not reaching and getting message.

I am raising the File system space, meanwhile want to ask you do have any thought on the same.

When Nexus throws a 500 response, there is always a stack trace in the nexus.log. If it was caused by running out of disk space, a message about lack of space should be buried in there some place.

Matt

Jan 9, 2017, 4:36:03 AM1/9/17
to Nexus Users
Hi All,

Just to update you on this issue got this error in the webserver/error.logs

`webserver.baplc.com' does NOT match server name!?

Please suggest some thing on the above mentioned error.

Matt

Jan 9, 2017, 4:37:34 AM1/9/17
to Nexus Users, mtn...@gmail.com
Hi Peter,

Yes , i have found this error on the webserever/error.logs -->`webserver.baplc.com' does NOT match server name!?

Please suggest some feasible solutiuon.

Regards
matt

Peter Lynch

Jan 9, 2017, 12:07:25 PM1/9/17
to Matt, Nexus Users
On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 5:37 AM, Matt <mtn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Peter,

Yes , i have found this error on the webserever/error.logs -->`webserver.baplc.com' does NOT match server name!?

This is not the repository manager log location, so as this is not a repository manager specific error, I am not sure this has anything to do with something I can help with.

Nikola Milutinovic

Jan 10, 2017, 3:14:11 AM1/10/17
to Nexus Users

That looks like a front-end web server of some sort, like Apache, complaining on the server name not matching the one in the certificate used.

Nix.