Will H2 replace OrientDB in the near future?

Ibai

Jun 6, 2022, 5:48:59 AM6/6/22
to Nexus Users
Hi,

While reading the documentation I have noticed this image, where it says "Moving forward, an embedded H2 will replace OrientDB". Is it known when will this change be applied to the OSS version?new+DB-01.png

Michael Prescott

Jun 6, 2022, 9:14:30 AM6/6/22
to Ibai, Nexus Users
Ibai,

We don't have any dates to announce at the moment, but nothing will change in the next few months.

On Mon., Jun. 6, 2022, 5:49 a.m. Ibai, <ib...@arima.eu> wrote:
Hi,

While reading the documentation I have noticed this image, where it says "Moving forward, an embedded H2 will replace OrientDB". Is it known when will this change be applied to the OSS version?new+DB-01.png

Ibai

Jun 6, 2022, 9:30:03 AM6/6/22
to Nexus Users, mpre...@sonatype.com, Nexus Users, Ibai
Thank you for the quick reply.

What are the advantages of using H2 instead of OrientDB as of right now in the Pro version?

Michael Prescott

Jun 6, 2022, 10:23:10 AM6/6/22
to Ibai, Nexus Users
If you're considering Pro, we would normally recommend PostgreSQL over H2 as it's the basis of the resilient deployment options. Initially, H2's advantage is its API similarity to PostgreSQL (both are SQL/JDBC), but for now that's a speed-of-development thing. That will change over time as we continue to make improvements.