Docker login or registry publish to nexus 3.X

Nik R

Apr 19, 2018, 11:20:46 AM4/19/18
to Nexus Users
Need help to understand in depth how to configure Docker login and registry to nexus 3.10.0-4 repository, we have created repo like docker-internal (https port defined 8083), docker-hub and docker-group (https port 8082).... nexus server is running on local machine (ubuntu 16.04) with port 8081. while running docker login localhost:8083 we are getting below message :::
# docker login localhost:8083
Username: admin
Password:
Error response from daemon: Get http://localhost:8083/v2/: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:8083: getsockopt: connection refused

please share the proper step to create ssl key or is there any other way to configure docker registry ?

warm regards,
Nik R

Rich Seddon

Apr 19, 2018, 12:41:30 PM4/19/18
to Nexus Users
You'll need to use SSL for communications, plain http won't work. Additionally Docker is a bit picky about certificates, see here for how to make self signed certs that will work:

That said, the error message looks like a connectivity issue.  Is Nexus running on the same host as the docker daemon?

You'll need to use an address the docker daemon can reach, because the communication flow in docker looks like this:

Docker Client --> Docker Daemon --> Nexus Repo

Rich