Nexus NuGet protocol issue

Andrew Ducker

Feb 23, 2018, 10:31:26 AM2/23/18
to Nexus Users
Hi, I've hit an issue with Nexus and NuGet.

I have multiple repositories:
nuget-dotnet-firstparty
nuget-dotnet-thirdparty
nuget-dotnet-generated
etc
and a group repository called:
nuget-dotnet
which brings all of the above together.

This is all on the server "DepServer".

When I try to do a "nuget restore" when the client has access to nuget-dotnet (the group repository) only I get the following:
WARNING: Error downloading 'MyPackage.1.2.3' from 'https://DepServer:8443/repository/nuget-dotnet-firstparty/MyPackage/1.2.3'.
The HTTP request to 'GET https://DepServer:8443/repository/nuget-dotnet-firstparty/MyPackage/1.2.3' has timed out after 100000ms

Now, the client has no references to "nuget-dotnet-firstparty", and so no security access set up for it.  But it shouldn't need it, because it has access to the group.

I couldn't work out why it was that it was having this issue, so I went looking through the information on the server via the nuget protocol.  What I found was:

https://DepServer:8443/repository/nuget-dotnet/
points to
https://DepServer:8443/repository/nuget-dotnet/Packages
Each entry has a link with a title of V2FeedPackage an an href of "Packages(Id='MyPackage',Version='1.2.3')"
Following one of those URLs shows that a line with  - content type="application/zip" and a src of  "https://DepServer:8443/repository/nuget-dotnet-firstparty/MyPackage/1.2.3"

However, as the client has no access to the "nuget-dotnet-firstparty" repository, only to the group repository, that's when the error occurs.

Is this a bug in the Nexus implementation of the nuget protocol?  Or have I misunderstood something?  I thought the whole point of a group was that I wouldn't need to give access to every repo, just the group one.

(I'm using OSS 3.6.0-02 - I can't see a bugfix for this issue in the release notes, or I'd have upgraded already.)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Andy

Peter Lynch

Feb 23, 2018, 10:53:54 AM2/23/18
to Andrew Ducker, Nexus Users
Thanks for your report. Your understanding on how it should work is correct. I have created an issue to track about this:

Andrew Ducker

Feb 26, 2018, 4:21:10 AM2/26/18
to Nexus Users, and...@ducker.org.uk
Thanks Peter.

Any idea what the timeline might be for a fix?  As you might expect this is breaking our build process - if the fix is a few days away then we'll just wait, if it's going to be weeks then we'll set up a workaround.

Andy
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to nexus-users...@glists.sonatype.com.

Peter Lynch

Feb 26, 2018, 8:24:42 AM2/26/18
to Andrew Ducker, Nexus Users
The fix or patch from our side is more than likely not a few days away. I would go with a work around for now.