Smart Turkey?

Jay Greenberg

Jun 20, 2024, 8:25:15 PMJun 20
to GENESEEBIRDS-L
Today, I was driving north along S. Clinton Ave. in Brighton when a traffic light at Senator Keating Blvd. turned red.  Of course, I stopped and waited for it to turn green again.  While I waited, a hen wild turkey crossed the street in front of my car in a crosswalk and with a green light. Was this just a coincidence, or was it a very smart bird?  I wish I had gotten a video of it.

There have been two hen wild turkeys hanging out in this area for a couple of years, but today, there was no sign of a second bird.  I fear that something bad happened to it.