[GeneseeBirds-L] Wilson's Phalarope - Town of Wilson

Bird observations from western New York

May 31, 2017, 8:36:52 PM5/31/17
to genesee...@geneseo.edu, Geneseebirds, David Suggs

Late this afternoon, I found a WILSON’S PHALAROPE on Youngstown-Wilson Road, west of Fitch Road. The bird was in the closest puddle to the road but views were still often obstructed by grass. The bird flew and I lost sight of it and could not refind it. There are a few other puddles in the field that are similarly very difficult to see into so it could still be around. There were also two Dunlin there in a further puddle and three unidentified small shorebirds in a third puddle.

Good birding!

Willie

------------------

Willie D'Anna

Wilson, NY

dannapotterATroadrunner.com

Willie D'Anna

May 31, 2017, 8:37:32 PM5/31/17
to genesee...@geneseo.edu, Geneseebirds, David Suggs

Bird observations from western New York

Jun 2, 2017, 7:14:17 PM6/2/17
to genesee...@geneseo.edu, Geneseebirds, David Suggs

Late this Friday afternoon, I saw this same male WILSON’S PHALAROPE again. As two days ago, it was in the closest puddle to the road. Views were frequently obstructed by grasses but by standing just opposite the puddle, I could usually see it from the road. A DUNLIN and a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER were in the same puddle. Earlier in the day, around 11:30, the only shorebirds I found here were the usual Killdeer and Spotted Sandpipers.

Good birding!

Willie

Willie D'Anna