[GeneseeBirds-L] Cormorants Nesting in Wilson Harbor

Bird observations from western New York

May 30, 2019, 3:11:57 PM5/30/19
to genesee...@geneseo.edu, Geneseebirds, David Suggs

On May 19th, I noticed two cormorant nests in the trees with many Double-crested Cormorants in Wilson harbor. About a week later, there were a couple dozen nests. They have never been found nesting in this area before, although large numbers have been roosting in the trees here during spring migration for several years. Yesterday, the colony was completely abandoned. Not a single bird in the trees. If anyone has any information about what happened to these birds, please let me know.

Thanks,

Willie

------------------

Willie D'Anna

Wilson, NY

dannapotterATroadrunnerDOTcom

Willie D'Anna

May 30, 2019, 3:12:03 PM5/30/19
to genesee...@geneseo.edu, Geneseebirds, David Suggs

Bird observations from western New York

May 30, 2019, 4:04:45 PM5/30/19
to Willie D'Anna, genesee...@geneseo.edu, David Suggs, Geneseebirds
Based on experience in NE Lake Ontario and the St.Lawrence I would look to your local anglers

Birds rise above it all

Gerald Smith

May 30, 2019, 4:04:49 PM5/30/19
to Willie D'Anna, genesee...@geneseo.edu, Geneseebirds, David Suggs