recorder UI: black video on startup

Andrew Wilson

May 17, 2019, 6:30:54 AM5/17/19
to Galicaster-Community
Hi all

Im finding an issue on the newest galicaster master branch version.
When you start galicaster. the recorder UI recording preview appears black for any source (v4l, rtsp etc) used.
this goes away if you reload the pipeline or even just go out of the recorder UI and back in or even just drag another window over it.
its maybe a GTK specific issue

has anyone else had this?

thanks

-andy

Andrew Wilson

Aug 14, 2019, 6:12:29 AM8/14/19
to Galicaster-Community
Hi all,

i'm coming back to this issue now. has anyone else had it?

thanks

-andy

Paul Pettit

Aug 14, 2019, 6:23:52 AM8/14/19
to comm...@galicaster.org
Hi Andy,

It's not something I've seen. I assume the recordings are OK?

are you using xvimagesink? i've definitely had issues with that on certain combinations of hardware and kernel versions. you could try experimenting with ximagesink (though there will be a performance hit I have successfully used it in the past by scaling down the preview), or maybe glimagesink (not tried that).

If all else fails there is always aasink/cacasink ;)

I've looked at using gtkglsink/gtksink (which will also make things work properly on wayland) but that needs a bit of work.

Thanks,

Paul.

Andrew Wilson

Aug 14, 2019, 6:48:03 AM8/14/19
to Galicaster-Community
cheers paul. probably I should be more specific. I only see this on the latest 'master' branch. the 2.1.1+ seem fine. I'm just trying to pick apart where it went wrong now.

I'll make an issue in GitHub

cheers

-andy