Datapath VisionRGB-ES2 / VisionAV-SDI

Ruth Lang

May 3, 2015, 1:05:47 PM5/3/15
to comm...@galicaster.org
Hi,

is someone using these cards successfully in production ?

Regards
Ruth

_______________________________

Universität zu Köln

Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK)

Stephen Marquard

May 4, 2015, 12:48:29 AM5/4/15
to comm...@galicaster.org

Hi Ruth

We are using the Vision RGB-E2S successfully (about 25 CAs I think).

Regards

Stephen

May 4, 2015, 1:54:21 AM5/4/15
to comm...@galicaster.org
And we are using the VisionAV-SDI in about 15 capture agents without issues ( as well as the VisionAV-HD ).

Regards,

Kristof
This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity. --

Ruth Lang

May 4, 2015, 2:29:29 AM5/4/15
to comm...@galicaster.org, Ruth Lang
Hi Stephen and Kristof,

thank you for the quick response.

What Hardware do you use with these cards (Chipset Motherboard, CPU, Memory) ?

Regards
Ruth

_______________________________

Universität zu Köln

Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK)
Weyertal 121, Raum 4.08
D-50931 Köln
✆:  +49-221-470-89618

Kristof Keppens

May 4, 2015, 2:45:41 AM5/4/15
to comm...@galicaster.org
We are using Dell Optiplex ( 9010, 9020, 7010, 790 and 780 ) Pc's.
The latest models we're using have following specs:

Intel® Q87 Express Chipset
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz
8Gb RAM

Regards,

Kristof

nicolas...@sciencespo.fr

Feb 14, 2019, 6:41:16 AM2/14/19
to Galicaster-Community
Hi Kristof,
I'm using a vision AV-SDI with galicaster, but i can't manage to hava audio (SDI embedded).
I tried to put a third audio track with Pulse and my alsa' imput card but without success ...
I can record the video with SDI in, as well as the DVI in.
Which driver do you use ? I use the last available on the datapath website on ubuntu 16.04
Do you have any idea of the configuration on the galicaster profile .ini file  ?
Thank you for your help.
Nicolas

Kristof Keppens

Feb 14, 2019, 8:47:29 AM2/14/19
to comm...@galicaster.org
Hi Nicolas,

We are using the latest datapath drivers, with ubuntu 16.04. But no experience with embedded audio over SDI, we are using the https://www.datapath.co.uk/datapath-products/accessories-cables/am2-audio-module for all our audio captures.

Regards

Kristof

Directie ICT | Onderwijstechnologie (ICTO)

Krijgslaan 281/S9 | 9000 Gent | http://icto.ugent.be

Materiaal ontlenen: http://icto.ugent.be/nl/content/materiaal-ontlenen

Multimedia Helpdesk Tel.: 09/264 85 73

Oliver Müller

Feb 25, 2019, 4:43:23 AM2/25/19
to Galicaster-Community
Hi Nicolas,

>I'm using a vision AV-SDI with galicaster, but i can't manage to hava audio (SDI embedded).

I'm not completely  sure, but I think there is no support for SDI embedded audio with Datapath cards in Galicaster at the moment (we use instead Blackmagic cards for this purpose successfully).

Regarding the configuration of Pulse audio there is some documentation on the Galicaster github page (https://github.com/teltek/Galicaster-doc/blob/master/GalicasterConfiguration/DeviceModules/Pulse.md), if you not already found it by yourself.

Best Regards
Oliver Müller

Stephen Marquard

Feb 25, 2019, 4:49:10 AM2/25/19
to comm...@galicaster.org

Hi all,

We have a VisionLC-SDI card recording video and audio separately from the same SDI input (two different Galicaster tracks).

The audio shows up as a separate alsa audio source.

Regards

Stephen

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies and email disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/main/email-disclaimer or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.