Galicaster community edition and 2.1 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K

steven cox

Mar 1, 2019, 7:41:24 PM3/1/19
to Galicaster-Community
Hi,

First time posting to this group, I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the issue(s) I’m seeing.

We are using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and an BM Intensity Pro capture card which works well, except we’re limited to capturing @ 1080p30 which again is fine, but we’d like to be able to have the potential to capture at higher framerates.

With this in mind we obtained a BM Intensity Pro 4k which can capture at higher framerates, however when I replace the Pro with the Pro 4K all we get is a black screen, I noticed that the /dev/blackmagic/device changed which was changed in conf.ini. However there is still a black screen. Looking further I noticed the module has changed from blackmagic to blackmagic_io however when I change the setting in conf.ini, Galicaster throws an error, obviously I’m missing something, I was wondering if (a) anyone has managed to get the BM Intensity Pro 4K working and (b) if so, how. Do I need to add the module somewhere else so it can be referenced in conf.ini? Or am I looking in the wrong places.

The second issue is partly due to the way we intend to use Galicaster/Opencast, we potentially will have multiple users plugging multiple devices with differing resolutions and framerates into the system(s) that we intend for Galicaster to record from, is there a way to use an auto setting in conf.ini rather than specifying the desired resolution / framerate. Or is it necessary to use a scaler to force the resolution / framerate.

Thanks for your time and consideration in this

Regards

Steve Cox

steven cox

Mar 4, 2019, 12:38:55 PM3/4/19
to Galicaster-Community
Addressed the issue by reinstalling on a test machine and going through the process from scratch, lsmod | grep blackmagic now reveals 2 modules blackmagic_io and blackmagic. My second question is also answered as there's an auto setting that is available

Regards