ubuntu 18.04

Andrew Wilson

Apr 25, 2019, 5:22:39 AM4/25/19
to Galicaster-Community
Hi all

how are people getting on with galicaster and ubuntu 18.04+
is anyone running this in prod well right now?

thanks

-andy

Stephen Marquard

Apr 25, 2019, 5:26:59 AM4/25/19
to comm...@galicaster.org

Hi Andy

We have 2 CAs running Galicaster and LectureSight on 18.04, for a while now without issues (Datapath VisionLC cards).

There’s a weird thing with the colours on the VUMeter that are reversed, but that’s just cosmetic.

Cheers

Stephen

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies and email disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/main/email-disclaimer or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.

Paul Pettit

Apr 25, 2019, 6:15:26 AM4/25/19
to comm...@galicaster.org
Hi Andy,

I've been running 18.04 in production since last summer on just over 30 machines with Magewell cards and no issues (just the colours on the vu meter as Stephen mentioned, keep meaning to take a look at that but nobody has complained yet!)

Now there are finally some datapath drivers I'm planning on moving the rest of my machines to 18.04 so i don't need to maintain 2 OS versions in production.

On a related note, has anybody seriously looked at making a snap for galicaster and using ubuntu core? I've had a quick look enough to see that it should be possible but not got much further. Might also be worth checking out flatpak as that is more widely supported.

Thanks,

Paul.

Andrew Wilson

Apr 25, 2019, 6:20:45 AM4/25/19
to Galicaster-Community
Thanks both. I found similar good results but it's alway worth knowing if real usage is going ok

I went as far as thinking about making it a snap. I'd welcome this and willing to help out