New Feature: NDI Support for Galicaster

Alfonso Rodriguez

Jan 15, 2019, 3:35:22 AM1/15/19
to comm...@galicaster.org
Hi everyone!

For the last months here at Teltek we were working in a new project to add support for the NDI [1] standard to GStreamer. We worked in collaboration with the University of the Arts London and The University of Manchester and are pleased to announce that our first release it's available now [2].

The NDI plugin is written in Rust [3] and has two source elements, ndivideosrc to get video from the stream and ndiaudiosrc for audio. By just providing the name or the ip of the stream, all the information required from the stream is picked up automatically, such as resolution, framerate, audio channels,...

Feel free to try it. All feedback is welcomed!

Alfonso Rodríguez Pereira
TELTEK Video Research

http://teltek.es/

La información contenida en este mensaje y/o archivo(s) adjunto(s) es confidencial/privilegiada y está destinada a ser leída sólo por la(s) persona(s) a la(s) que va dirigida. Si usted lee este mensaje y no es el destinatario señalado, el empleado o el agente responsable de entregar el mensaje al destinatario, o ha recibido esta comunicación por error, le informamos que está totalmente prohibida, y puede ser ilegal, cualquier divulgación, distribución o reproducción de esta comunicación, y le rogamos que nos lo notifique inmediatamente y nos devuelva el mensaje original a la dirección arriba mencionada. Gracias.

The
information contained in this message and/or attached file(s) is confidential/privileged and is intended to be read only by the person(s) to whom it is directed. If you are reading this message and you are not the indicated recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the addressee, or you have received this communication by mistake, please be aware that any dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. Please notify us immediately and return the original message to the aforementioned address. Thank you.

Andrew Wilson

Jan 15, 2019, 6:31:41 AM1/15/19
to Galicaster-Community
Great work 😎

I just wanted to add there is a talk at the opencast summit in Zurich Wednesday at 4.45 in the main hall that is a general birds of a feather discussion about NDI (AV over IP). Please attend if you want to hear more about this technology and how people are using it with opencast

-andy