Galicaster 2.1 + Opencast 5x and pushpic functionality

steven cox

Apr 11, 2019, 10:46:36 AM4/11/19
to Galicaster-Community
Hi All,

We're currently using Opencast 5.4 distributed across 4 nodes

Don't know if this is the correct group so I've also posted to the Opencast group

We're trying to enable confidence monitoring, we've enabled it on the config of the Galicaster client, but when I look at the stated config for the Capture Agent on Opencast it shows capture.confidence.enable = false, I have found other information here https://opencast.jira.com/wiki/spaces/MH/pages/40075276/org.opencastproject.capture.impl.ConfigurationManager.properties#org.opencastproject.capture.impl.ConfigurationManager.properties-capture.confidence.enable, but I believe this may only refer to the reference capture agent

I've enable the web command interface in conf.ini allowing commands to be sent to the capture agent most work except

the pushpic plugin, I'm guessing that there has to be a config change server side as per the jira link above but I believe this may be specifically for the Matterhorn capture agent

when I drop out of the Galicaster interface to a terminal window, I see the following Python errors

  File "/usr/share/galicaster/galicaster/plugins/pushpic.py", line 44, in push_pic
    postfield = [ ("snapshot", get_screenshot() ) ]
  File "/usr/share/galicaster/galicaster/plugins/pushpic.py", line 35, in get_screenshot
    pixbuf.save_to_callback(b.write, 'png', [], ["100"])
AttributeError: 'Pixbuf' object has no attribute 'save_to_callback'

So my question is as follows: Is there a way to enable the confidence monitoring subsystem with Opencast 5+ (it's a dev system so I can install other versions) and enable it for use with the Galicaster clients
Thanks for your time in this

Regards

Steve Cox
University of Toronto

Andrew Wilson

Apr 11, 2019, 10:51:19 AM4/11/19
to comm...@galicaster.org
Hi steven

check out https://github.com/SussexLearningSystems/peakaboo

its takes a little bit of time to get up and running properly but its a monitoring solution that we use with galicaster capture agents

you just need to get it up and running, install the plugin in the galicaster plugins directory and conf.ini
the galicaster plugins right now aren't perfect and you may need to change for your situation

-andy

Andrew Wilson
Applications Analyst | Media Technologies Team | IT Services
IT Services Office 1, Kilburn Building
Apr 11, 2019, 12:44:29 PM4/11/19
to comm...@galicaster.org
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the information, I'll check it out

Regards

Steve

Andrew Wilson

Apr 11, 2019, 1:38:56 PM4/11/19
to comm...@galicaster.org
It's also worth using something like nagios or zabbix to monitor Capture agents as well if your not already doing this

-andy

Kristof Keppens

Apr 12, 2019, 3:03:38 AM4/12/19
to comm...@galicaster.org
Regarding the peakaboo solution, we’ve made some small changes to the galicaster ddp plugin so it can be used with galicasterpro as well. I’ve published the code to https://github.com/mm-dict/galicaster-plugin-ddp but as you see most files are just a copy from the peakaboo repo.
I ’ll try to test it with galicaster CE as well, and if it works fine I’ll send a pull request to the peakaboo repo.

Kristof

Directie ICT | Onderwijstechnologie (ICTO)

Krijgslaan 281/S9 | 9000 Gent | http://icto.ugent.be

Materiaal ontlenen: http://icto.ugent.be/nl/content/materiaal-ontlenen

Multimedia Helpdesk Tel.: 09/264 85 73

Hi steven