Galicaster, Ubuntu 18.04, Screen and Camera control

Marcello Pippia

Jun 3, 2019, 5:06:48 AM6/3/19
to Galicaster-Community
Hallo all together,

For those who do not know me yet, I am Marcello from the University of Cologne.

I'm currently trying to setup up our Galicaster CAs with the latest GC-release 2.1.1 and Ubuntu 18.04.2.
The basic installation works so far. All drivers for Magewell, Blackmagic and Datapath (Vision LC) work with Ubuntu and Galicaster.

I'm also trying to setup the CAs to use without any screen attached. The "default" setup gives me these errors:

galicaster 14:55:32,513 INFO recorder/service Resetting recorder after reloading the profile
galicaster 14:55:32,514 INFO recorder/service Starting recording service in the preview status
galicaster 14:55:32,514 INFO recorder/service Using profile with name Default and path /usr/share/galicaster/conf-dist.ini
galicaster 14:55:32,549 ERROR recorder/service Handle error (Driver error)
galicaster 14:55:32,550 ERROR recorder/recorder gst-resource-error-quark: Could not initialise Xv output (4) (xvimagesink.c(1773): gst_xv_image_sink_open (): /GstPipeline:galicaster_recorder/galicaster+recorder+bins+videotest+GCvideotest:galicaster+recorder+bins+videotest+gcvideotest9/GstBin:bin16/GstXvImageSink:sink-Static:
No Xv Port available)
galicaster 14:55:32,550 ERROR recorder/service Handle error (gst-resource-error-quark: Could not initialise Xv output (4) (xvimagesink.c(1773): gst_xv_image_sink_open (): /GstPipeline:galicaster_recorder/galicaster+recorder+bins+videotest+GCvideotest:galicaster+recorder+bins+videotest+gcvideotest9/GstBin:bin16/GstXvImageSink:sink-Static:
No Xv Port available))

 Is there anyone who ist running their Galicasters without screens attached or is there anyone who has some experience with that?

Another thing is the camera control. In Ubuntu 16.04 our camera control worked well for cameras controlled by Visca or on IP. On 18.04 it does not work. What can I do?

If you need further information just contact.
Many thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards.

Marcello

------