Galicaster Community 3.0.0 - RC2

Samuel Alonso Rodríguez

Feb 23, 2021, 3:05:02 AMFeb 23
to comm...@galicaster.org
Dear Galicasters,

We are pleased to announce the first Release Candidate for Galicaster
Community 3.0.0 - RC2

Galicaster Community 3.0.0 - RC2 introduces three main new features:

- Migration from python 2 to python 3
- Support for Ubuntu 20.04
- Pushpic plugin has been deleted

We ask you to test this new version so that we can find as many bugs as possible.

Known bugs:

- In preview or recording if the webcam is disconnected there is no profile error.
- In some cases the scheduled recordings do not keep their duration properly.
- Small aesthetic errors

Bugs in plugins:

- The keyboard plugin does not work properly
- Some operations of the Rest plugin do not work.
- The screen saver does not always work
- If some plugins are misconfigured Galicaster crashes
- Series plugin doesn't work with more than one parameter

External plugins are not tested https://github.com/teltek/Galicaster-doc/blob/master/ExternalPluginsList.md

How to install Galicaster Community 3.0.0 - RC2

WARNING: This new version is only valid for ubuntu 20.04 and python3!!

echo "deb https://packages.galicaster.org/apt focal main" | sudo tee --append /etc/apt/sources.list.d/galicaster.list
wget -O - https://packages.galicaster.org/apt/galicaster.gpg.key  | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install galicaster
or also with the source code https://github.com/teltek/Galicaster-doc/blob/master/SoftwareInstallation.md#source-code
To conclude
Please test it and as always, report any issues you may find to the github
project page. Any bug report or code contributions are welcome. https://github.com/teltek/Galicaster
Best regards from all the team

Duane Zietsman

Feb 23, 2021, 4:58:44 AMFeb 23
to comm...@galicaster.org
Can I please be removed from this mailing list?