· Work from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
· Work rotating weekends and holidays as assigned.
· Provide compassionate care for the animals.
· Conduct clinical observations for hospital and colony animals
· Assist veterinarians in all aspects of clinical care
· Assist in catching and chemical restraint of ill or injured animals.
· Assist in assessment and complete treatment of hospitalized animals or animals treated in outdoor enclosures.
· Assist in taking of x-rays, ultrasounds, surgery, and necropsy
· Perform laboratory test (i.e. fecal, CBC, Chemistries, blood processing)
· Shipment of biological samples
· Maintaining enrichment platforms
· Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized animals.
· Release hospital animals upon completion of treatment as directed by the veterinarian.
· Coordinates animal shipments
· Maintain all hospital areas in a neat and sanitary condition. Assist in cleaning cages and all hospital areas including surgery suite, necropsy, treatment/procedure rooms, neonatal and isolation areas.
· Maintains Pharmacy inventory - restocking treatment/procedure rooms as needed.
· Maintains logbooks for – expired drugs, specimen testing, necropsy, x-ray, ketamine
· Assist in physical animal processing including lifting and transport of equipment and supplies, animal handling, lifting and transfer of animals from one enclosure to another, anesthesia, exam, vaccinations, venipuncture, tattooing, TB testing, deworming, micro-chipping, recovery and release
· Communicates with vet team.
· Assist with group introductions
· Other duties may be assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour