Key collaborative staff: LWC Veterinary Team; Animal Care Team; Construction Manager
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
welfare and nutrition of ~250 animals in close collaboration with the
animal care team and veterinarian.
- Ensure effective performance of the animal care team, including
national staff and volunteers with regards to animal care.
- Support veterinary team to deliver timely treatment and
interventions to sick/injured animals, following existing veterinary
standards established by Pandrillus & PASA.
- Ensure proper intake and documentation of animals and adherence to
established quarantine procedures.
- Ensure all animal and staff protocols regarding compliance with
safety, health and welfare standards.
- Assist PM in preparation and
implementation of annual work plans, budgets and reporting.
- Oversee enclosure maintenance, furnishing, enrichment, design, and
construction; provide recommendations for improvements reflecting
individual species’ needs and ensure necessary implementation and upkeep.
- Oversee volunteer program, including professional behavior on and
- Work with Government of Cameroon representatives, as appropriate.
- Evaluate and review proposed research projects, as needed, and help
organize national counterparts for foreign researchers.
- Work with other PASA members in Cameroon to place animals and/or
species groups in the appropriate (geographical) rehabilitation program,
according to taxonomic principles, in accordance with LWC’s regional
captive primate care experience, especially African great apes; experience
with primates in the wild and their ecology is valuable.
- Captive care experience with other animals including mammals,
birds, reptiles, with focus on rehabilitation, welfare, care and
knowledge is a major plus.
working in conservation in a habitat country, and practical knowledge of
the issues impacting wildlife protection.
- Experience working in a
leadership position with a diverse team in crisis-management situations.
- Ability to follow established
procedures and protocols.
- Proficiency with Microsoft
Office, particularly PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Good communication and writing
- Willingness to conduct oneself
in a professional manner in all situations, as fitting a representative of
LWC and Pandrillus Cameroon.
- Physically fit and able to work
in a tropical climate.
- Fluent English required; French
is a major asset.
• Accommodation in Limbe provided, including cleaning
& security staff.
• $650 per month, daily allowance of 5,000 CFA
• Annual leave of 21 working days
• Annual return flight to home country, after the
initial probation period of 6 months
Please apply by email by submitting a cover letter and
detailed CV to man...@limbewildlife.org, li...@pandrillus.org, felixla...@gmail.com
Deadline: 3rd July
Your cover letter
- Explain why you feel you should be
considered for this post: how you, your skills and your experience fit what we
are looking for and would benefit the Limbe Wildlife Centre and its animals.
- Why you are interested in this
- Your availability and for how long.
state your COVID vaccination status (we strongly recommend being vaccinated for
this position) and your willingness, if selected, to provide results of TB
test, HIV test, and proof of Hepatitis B and Diphtheria/tetanus/Polio up to
date vaccinations and health check.