[euler-users] Filesystem Progress

Euler Sysadmin

Dec 29, 2019, 4:06:01 PM12/29/19
to euler...@g-groups.wisc.edu
Hi Everyone,

The initial transfer required to fix filesystem access has completed, and I will be performing further mitigations shortly.

What you'll need to know:
  • The entire filesystem will be offline for a few hours while I reset all of the broken components.
  • Following the reset, the backup I spent the last week creating will be moved back onto the fixed storage nodes.
  • For the benefit of users who have to generate new data, I will allow access to the filesystem before the copy is finished. It could take as long as 8 days for all accounts to be copied.
  • If you have an urgent deadline and require existing data to meet it, please contact me as soon as possible so I can move it up in the list. If you can specify a particular folder within your home directory, that would be even better.
Thank you, everyone, for your patience with this.

Here's wishing you a happy New Year.
Regards,
Colin Vanden Heuvel