[euler-users] Moving Files from Euler

Euler Sysadmin

Apr 7, 2021, 5:07:38 PMApr 7
to euler...@g-groups.wisc.edu
Hello Everyone,

I've been exploring storage methods for users who require additional space to backup their Euler data before May's cluster maintenance. So far, Rclone has been the most versatile tool I've found for this purpose.

Rclone supports many of the cloud storage options available at the UW including the following:
The documentation for Rclone is quite exhaustive, but if you are having trouble with any of the configuration steps you should feel free to reach out to me at sysa...@sbel.wisc.edu. I will do my best to help with whatever I can.

Regards,
Colin Vanden Heuvel
Euler System Administrator

P.S. - As a reminder, all data stored on Euler WILL BE DELETED during the maintenance period. You should be sure to make a copy of anything you need or want to keep. Euler's network bandwidth allows for an approximate maximum transfer rate of 3TB/day shared between all users; if you want to keep data, it is for the best to copy it sooner rather than later.