[euler-users] Filesystem Maintenance Complete

Euler Sysadmin

Jan 7, 2020, 12:51:16 PM1/7/20
to euler...@g-groups.wisc.edu
Hi everyone,

As of some time last night, all user data has been restored. This means that any data which is not accessible to you was likely corrupted in last month's failure.

If you are unable to access data due to a "permission denied" error, let me know and I can fix it. Other unreadable files are likely lost and will need to be recreated.

At this time, I believe that the necessary mitigations have been taken to ensure filesystem stability, but I was not able to test it under specific types of heavy load, so I can't call it a guarantee.

Regards,
Colin