[euler-users] Accounts Unavailable until 12:30 on Apr 15

Colin Vanden Heuvel

Apr 15, 2020, 2:03:10 AM4/15/20
to euler...@g-groups.wisc.edu
Hello Everyone,

By the time you receive this, all of the research accounts on Euler will have been made temporarily unavailable. This is not due to any technical failures or issues on your part, so please do not panic (or bombard me with emails). I will need a few hours to do some security updates for the spring maintenance period and to run an end of term audit on filesystem usage. This process goes much faster when the majority of users are offline so I'm using the account renewal date as a convenient stopping point. Jobs which are already running should be left alone by these changes, so no worries for those of you who have work in progress.

I expect to have everything wrapped up by 12:30 pm (maybe sooner) so please be patient and you will be able to get back to work soon.

Regards,
Colin