Graduates in Animal behaviour and marine biology looking to join a research project

Giordana Moretti

Nov 17, 2022, 6:55:47 AM11/17/22
to Primate-Volunteers
My name is Giordana Moretti and both myself and my boyfriend Charlie Adam graduated in June from the University of Exeter, myself with honours in Marine Biology and Charlie with honours in Animal Behaviour.
Charlie is currently working for Ongava Research Centre (ORC) in Southern Africa where he is in the process of writing two animal behaviour focused research papers for the Centre, with the expectation of publishing them later this year.
I have myself recently applied for a Masters in Marine and Coastal Sustainability at the University of Exeter, and have previously worked on community conservation.

Charlie is particularly interested in animal cognition and the role of memory and recognition in an animal's behaviour, in fact his undergraduate thesis focused on the cognition of European Jackdaws.
I am particularly passionate about human-wildlife conflict and the effectiveness of conservation methods for wildlife protection. For my dissertation project I looked at the effectiveness of educational outreaches for herring gull conservation. However, we are both very interested in everything to do with zoology, both marine and terrestrial and due to the wide array of modules we took part in at uni, we have experience with most branches of the discipline.

We would welcome any opportunity to take part in animal research or conservation related work or volunteering. We are working with a very low budget that won’t go far beyond travel and food therefore we are not interested in any sort of voluntourism where payment is required.

We would be available to work from mid-January until July of 2023 and are very flexible with our timeframes.

Please contact us at: giordan...@yahoo.it  or charli...@icloud.com