Volunteer Lemur Monitoring & Reforestation in Madagascar - 12 Weeks

Madagascar Biodiversity Partnership

May 25, 2022, 12:02:19 PM5/25/22
to Primate-Volunteers
Agency Madagascar Biodiversity Partnership
Location Kianjavato and Andasibe, Madagascar
Job Category Volunteer Openings
Salary N/A
Duration 12 Weeks

Call for 2022 Volunteers!

The Madagascar Biodiversity Partnership's (MBP) volunteer research program is an extraordinary opportunity for you to become a part of essential conservation efforts in Madagascar, become immersed in our ongoing research initiatives, and get first-hand experience in community-based reforestation efforts. Come stay at our field station, get your hands dirty, and learn what it takes to keep a conservation project alive.

During your tenure, you will participate in two important conservation efforts: habitat restoration and lemur monitoring. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to engage in projects that benefit the community.

In 2022, we will host 3 cohorts: Cohort #1 Arrive May 31-June 2 / Depart August 9-11 Cohort #2 Arrive July 26-28 / Depart October 11-13 Cohort #3 Arrive September 27-29 / Depart December 13-15 Cost: $1,500 ($300 non-refundable) - Funds cover your food and lodging (and more) at the field station and support our research and conservation efforts.

E-mail: volunt...@madagascarpartnership.org Put "Volunteer Inquiry" in the subject line.

Qualifications Many of our volunteers already have or are working towards a BA or BS in the biological or environmental sciences, but this is not a requirement. The priority traits for volunteers are a willingness to work in isolated conditions, the ability to solve problems independently, and previous work or travel experience in tropical countries is an advantage. A dedication to a positive and respectful working environment is vital.