Re: Inquiry About Running sancov as Mentioned in RFC-0078

Mark Dittmer

Oct 24, 2023, 5:27:37 PM10/24/23
to waterlight m, toolch...@fuchsia.dev
Greetings, Ma. Thanks for your interest in kernel coverage on Fuchsia!

I have not personally used the workflow that exercises a downloaded jiri.update file. I have CC'd our toolchain development mailing list, which is likely to have subscribers that can offer some guidance regarding this issue.

//Mark

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 at 03:02, waterlight m <maag...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Mark Dittmer,

I trust this message finds you well. I'm a student currently researching sancov support for syzkaller within the Fuchsia project. I came across your insightful RFC-0078 proposal, and I also found the corresponding code implementation at https://fuchsia-review.googlesource.com/c/fuchsia/+/486997.

I'm very keen to run the code you've provided, but I've encountered some challenges. I'm currently working with the Fuchsia source code at commit ebf578e14efe2c6cc2bd5946e80b5d4771551709. Following the instructions from Gerrit, I used the following commands:
git fetch https://fuchsia.googlesource.com/fuchsia refs/changes/97/486997/18 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
 fx set core.x64 --variant "ksancov" --with examples/kcov --with zircon/system/utest/kcov:tests

It seems that I've encountered an error, possibly due to a prebuilt version mismatch. I've reviewed the official Fuchsia documentation, which suggests, "If you have a specific commit that you want jiri to recognize, download its jiri.update file and use it with jiri update." However, I'm uncertain about where to locate the jiri.update file.

Could you kindly provide guidance on resolving this issue? Your insights and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Ma

waterlight m

Oct 25, 2023, 6:17:21 AM10/25/23
to Mark Dittmer, toolch...@fuchsia.dev
Dear Mark and the Toolchain Development Team,

I appreciate the prompt response and the effort to connect me with individuals who might have insights regarding my inquiry. I am eagerly awaiting any guidance or suggestions. Please don't hesitate to ask if any more information is required from my side. Thank you all for your assistance.

Warmest regards,

[Your Name]