Re: v1 components in v2 tests

Gabe Schine

Feb 12, 2021, 12:58:30 PM2/12/21
to Alice Neels, session-framework-dev, Hunter Freyer, Konstantin Pozin, Mukesh Agrawal, Shai Barack, Derek Gonyeo, component-framework-dev, Jaeheon Yi
+session-framework-dev

This is super cool!

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 9:41 AM Alice Neels <nee...@google.com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 9:05 AM Hunter Freyer <hjfr...@google.com> wrote:
Wow... that was fast! Paging +Gabe Schine +Alice Neels

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:46 AM Shai Barack <sha...@google.com> wrote:
Very nice!
Initial thoughts: should we create a #v1_tests realm? We can route fewer things to that realm than we currently do to #tests, just the bare minimum. We won't be able to port some non-hermetic tests that consume capabilities from system services, but maybe that's a non-goal anyway.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021, 7:35 AM 'Derek Gonyeo' via component-framework-dev <component-f...@fuchsia.dev> wrote:
Hi everyone,

When we were going through the topology builder design review I got an idea about running v1 components in v2 tests. Long story short, here's a working prototype!

It involves adding a new runner in #tests and giving the runner component (not #tests) access to fuchsia.sys.Loader and fuchsia.sys.Environment, which is hopefully ok.

For more information on how it works, check out the CL or read the README for it.

As an added bonus, we should be able to have topology builder generate the v2 bridging manifests for test cases that already call for both topology builder and v1 components.

If anyone doesn't tell me this is a bad idea soon I'm gonna write a doc on the prototype and circulate it around.

Derek

--
All posts must follow the Fuchsia Code of Conduct https://fuchsia.dev/fuchsia-src/CODE_OF_CONDUCT or may be removed.
---