Rust 2018 Unstable Feature Proposal

Taylor Cramer

Jun 28, 2018, 7:32:32 PM6/28/18
to rust-f...@fuchsia.com
Hey y'all! This is the first run through the Rust unstable feature proposal system outlined in this doc. I'm proposing that we begin using the Rust 2018 edition feature.

Following this email, there will be a week-long comment period where everyone can leave comments on the doc linked below. After that comment period has elapsed, etryzelaar, raggi, tkilbourn and myself will meet and decide whether or not we're ready to start using the Rust 2018 edition.

The Proposal

Please leave comments/questions on the doc, or shoot me an email if you have questions about the process overall.

Thanks!

Taylor

Taylor Cramer

Jun 28, 2018, 7:37:30 PM6/28/18
to rust-f...@fuchsia.com
Sorry all-- somehow that last link I sent out wasn't actually a link, but just blue (??). Let's try that again: The Proposal

Taylor Cramer

Jul 2, 2018, 5:28:23 PM7/2/18
to rust-f...@fuchsia.com
For the curious, this is what fuchsia-async looks like after conversion to Rust 2018: https://fuchsia-review.googlesource.com/c/garnet/+/171718

Taylor Cramer

Jul 9, 2018, 5:03:18 PM7/9/18
to rust-f...@fuchsia.com
The proposal has been accepted. The contents of the doc have been moved into the Rust-on-Fuchsia unstable features guide.