PSA: Include paths for LLCPP FIDL bindings have changed

Ian McKellar

Sep 1, 2021, 12:58:46 PM9/1/21
to fidl-dev, TQ Engineering
Hello protocol musicians,

As we work towards a single unified set of FIDL C++ bindings we've changed the include paths for the LLCPP FIDL bindings. What once was:
#include <fuchsia/io/llcpp/fidl.h>
is now:
#include <fidl/fuchsia.io/cpp/wire.h>
and so on.

This means that our new unified high-level bindings will be something like:
#include <fidl/fuchsia.io/cpp/fidl.h>
but that's still a ways off so don't worry about that just yet.

Currently, we're still generating a forwarding header in the old location, so code that hasn't been updated will still build and work just fine. We're landing changes to update all of the includes in existing code and once that's done we'll remove the forwarding headers. When that happens in-flight CLs that add old LLCPP includes may break. Sorry about that, but the fix is easy.

Ian & your friendly FIDL luthiers.

PS: the tracking bug is 74067.

Ian McKellar

Sep 20, 2021, 1:11:28 PM9/20/21
to fidl-dev
Good news everyone, this has fully landed. All code has been updated to the new include paths.

Ian