Request to move RFC to last call: Kernel Sanitizer Coverage for Fuchsia Fuzzing

Mark Dittmer

Mar 12, 2021, 8:22:32 PM3/12/21
to eng-c...@fuchsia.dev, Marco Vanotti, Cameron Finucane, Aaron Green
Greetings Eng Council!

On behalf of the authors of Kernel Sanitizer Coverage for Fuchsia Fuzzing I would like to request that its status be changed to last call. We already have +1s from most of our stakeholders.

Thanks!

//Mark
(also on behalf of mvanotti@ and eep@)

Mark Dittmer

Mar 16, 2021, 2:12:08 PM3/16/21
to eng-c...@fuchsia.dev, Marco Vanotti, Cameron Finucane, Aaron Green
Friendly ping.

My reading of Fuchsia RFC Process (Step 4) is that Eng Council (and not myself or another author) has to email eng-council-discuss to declare last call, which starts another week-long delay before consideration for approval. Could an Eng Council member please consider this request?

Thanks!

//Mark

Pascal

Mar 16, 2021, 2:14:54 PM3/16/21
to Mark Dittmer, Marco Vanotti, Roland McGrath, Carlos Pizano, Nick Maniscalco, eng-c...@fuchsia.dev, Cameron Finucane, Aaron Green
Before this RFC can move to last call, we'd like to see the comment threads resolved.

Marco, Roland, Carlos: a few comments require your review post changes from Mark.

Mark: Nick had a clarification question about reentrancy.

Thanks,
PL

--
All posts must follow the Fuchsia Code of Conduct https://fuchsia.dev/fuchsia-src/CODE_OF_CONDUCT or may be removed.
---

Mark Dittmer

Mar 16, 2021, 2:25:31 PM3/16/21
to Pascal, Marco Vanotti, Roland McGrath, Carlos Pizano, Nick Maniscalco, eng-c...@fuchsia.dev, Cameron Finucane, Aaron Green
Thanks for the feedback, Pascal. It's good to know that's a blocking signal for the next phase.

I plan to sync up with Marco to clarify a couple things and respond to Nick's comment ASAP.

//Mark

Mark Dittmer

Mar 17, 2021, 10:45:52 AM3/17/21
to Pascal, Marco Vanotti, Roland McGrath, Carlos Pizano, Nick Maniscalco, eng-c...@fuchsia.dev, Cameron Finucane, Aaron Green
All threads on this RFC have now been resolved. Thank you everyone for your comments; it has really helped us ensure we have thought through the relevant issues on this work.

I believe the RFC is now ready for last call.

//Mark