Fuchisa build on MacOS

Arnold Szederjesi Dragomir

May 12, 2021, 9:13:36 AM5/12/21
to discuss
Hi,

I am trying to build Fuchsia on MacOS, and I get this error:

ninja: Entering directory `/Users/arnold/Projects/fuchsia/out/default'
[165/53475] ACTION //build/info:build-info.verify(//build/toolchain/fuchsia:x64)
FAILED: gen/build/info/build-info.verify
/usr/bin/env ../../prebuilt/third_party/python3/mac-x64/bin/python3.8 -S ../../build/dist/verify_manifest_elf_binaries.py --check-stripped --depfile=gen/build/info/build-info.verify.d --manifest=obj/build/info/build-info_manifest --stamp=gen/build/info/build-info.verify
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../../build/dist/verify_manifest_elf_binaries.py", line 376, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "../../build/dist/verify_manifest_elf_binaries.py", line 275, in main
    assert os.path.exists(source_file), (
AssertionError: Missing source file for manifest line: data/latest-commit-date=latest-commit-date.txt
[172/53475] ACTION //build/tracer:tracer_test(//build/toolchain/fuchsia:x64)
Hint: run `fx build` with the option `--log LOGFILE` to generate a debug log if you are reporting a bug.

Do you have idea what the problem is ?

With respect,
Arnold Szederjesi

Justin Mattson

May 12, 2021, 9:41:05 AM5/12/21
to Arnold Szederjesi Dragomir, discuss
I don't know what the issue is, but naively I'll ask, have you installed XCode or at least the XCode command line tools?

The next thing that will likely be helpful to someone who knows more about build dependencies is, what version of macOS are you running?

Cheers,
Justin

--
All posts must follow the Fuchsia Code of Conduct https://fuchsia.dev/fuchsia-src/CODE_OF_CONDUCT or may be removed.
---

Jay Zhuang

May 12, 2021, 10:47:59 AM5/12/21
to Justin Mattson, Arnold Szederjesi Dragomir, discuss
Hi Arnold,

Can you check whether you have `/Users/arnold/Projects/fuchsia/out/default/latest-commit-date.txt` generated by the build when the issue occurs? If your build output directory is still in the state when you observed the issue, you can simply check if the file exists.
If not, can you try running `fx build latest-commit-date.txt` first, then build again to see if you can get past this issue.

Thanks,
Jay

szederje...@gmail.com

May 12, 2021, 5:36:39 PM5/12/21
to Jay Zhuang, Justin Mattson, discuss
Hi guys,

Thank you for the assistance. In final I could resolve the problems, run the build multiple times and in final it was okay.

With respect,
Arnold Szederjesi