Paving Issue on NUC

Ralf Aparins

Jul 5, 2021, 5:57:14 AM7/5/21
to discuss
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with "fx serve".

Here's what I've done so far:
  • Made a bootable Fuchsia USB
  • Plugged the USB into Intel NUC
  • Wrote "lsblk" to see my partitions and then wrote:
    install-disk-image init-partition-tables --block-device <BLOCK_DEVICE_PATH>
  • It said that its successful after which I proceeded to double check my partitions with "lsblk" and then connected my ThinkPad device (host) to the Intel NUC (target) via ethernet cable. I then wrote "fx serve" on the host device and it keeps saying (bootserver) listening on 33331 and (bootserver) discovery updates. I'm stuck in this last step with "fx serve". How do I set everything up for it to start paving?

Could someone please help me? It's research for my job.

Br,
Ralf A.

Justin Mattson

Jul 7, 2021, 10:33:08 AM7/7/21
to Ralf Aparins, discuss
When everything is physically connected, what does `ffx target list` report? Does it see the fuchsia device? Do you have any firewall software that would be interfering with usage of the network ports?

Cheers,
Justin

--
All posts must follow the Fuchsia Code of Conduct https://fuchsia.dev/fuchsia-src/CODE_OF_CONDUCT or may be removed.