Archivist can't resolve memory_monitor from universe?

Shai Barack

Jun 14, 2021, 11:00:31 AM6/14/21
to component-framework-dev
Hi folks,

This change attempts to migrate memory_monitor to CFv2:

I'm running into some failures:

I'm seeing this:
[component_manager] ERROR: Failed to route protocol `fuchsia.sys.internal.ComponentEventProvider` with target component `/bootstrap:0/archivist:0`: failed to resolve "fuchsia-pkg://fuchsia.com/memory_monitor#meta/memory_monitor.cm": failed to route resolver capability: Routing error: Failed to resolve `/core:0/universe-resolver:0`: failed to resolve "fuchsia-pkg://fuchsia.com/universe-resolver#meta/universe-resolver.cm": package not found: remote resolver responded with PackageNotFound

Huh? Is this because memory_monitor is in universe but Archivist is in bootstrap where only base resolver is present? Any ideas what's going on?

Appreciate a hand because I'm stumped. Thanks!

Adam Lesinski

Jun 14, 2021, 7:43:12 PM6/14/21
to Shai Barack, component-framework-dev
I had this problem before and it is due to the "eager" startup mode: https://bugs.fuchsia.dev/p/fuchsia/issues/detail?id=70883

There is some sort of cycle happening, but this was (or I thought it was) due to universe resolver depending on pkg-resolver, which was in appmgr. With pkg-resolver, I thought the dependency on appmgr would be gone....

--
All posts must follow the Fuchsia Code of Conduct https://fuchsia.dev/fuchsia-src/CODE_OF_CONDUCT or may be removed.
---

Shai Barack

Jun 15, 2021, 4:32:58 PM6/15/21
to Adam Lesinski, component-framework-dev