New API Proposal: fuchsia.deviceproperty

Gabriel Kerneis

Feb 9, 2021, 11:15:20 AM2/9/21
to Manali Bhutiyani, api-c...@fuchsia.dev, sdm-fuchsia
Dear API Council,

I would like to get your review on making public a modified version of google.deviceproperty, under the name fuchsia.deviceproperty. This API is related to Storage and the private version seems to have been reviewed by +Manali Bhutiyani, but I'd be happy to get feedback from as many people as possible.

I haven't followed the public-markdown process because the original API is private, as well as most the context for the change. The design doc with background and proposed API is at go/sdm-fuchsia-fdr.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Gabriel

PS: note that I receive a copy of emails sent to fuchsia.dev/g/api-council, even though I don't sit at the council, because I'm a Community Moderator.

Gabriel Kerneis

Feb 9, 2021, 11:39:58 AM2/9/21
On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 5:01 PM Gabriel Kerneis <ker...@google.com> wrote:
PS: note that I receive a copy of emails sent to fuchsia.dev/g/api-council, even though I don't sit at the council, because I'm a Community Moderator.

As it turns out, this list is public anyway (and I'm in fact not moderating it)! Please remember to comment directly in the document rather than in this thread if you have questions about the private parts of the design.

Thanks again,

Gabriel Kerneis

Gabriel Kerneis

Feb 10, 2021, 11:56:36 AM2/10/21
to Manali Bhutiyani, api-c...@fuchsia.dev
On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 5:01 PM Gabriel Kerneis <ker...@google.com> wrote:
I would like to get your review on making public a modified version of google.deviceproperty, under the name fuchsia.deviceproperty. This API is related to Storage and the private version seems to have been reviewed by +Manali Bhutiyani, but I'd be happy to get feedback from as many people as possible.

It turned out during the review that a much simpler solution to the problem at hand is possible: adding a getter method to fuchsia.recovery.policy.

I've updated the design doc if you're curious, but I don't think this warrants a full council review anymore. I'll cc an API reviewer on the commit modifying device.fidl.

Gabriel