sync-cpp library to partner?

Novin Changizi

Jun 28, 2023, 10:01:57 AM6/28/23
to api-council, Suraj Malhotra, Yifei Teng
Hi api folks,

I'm wondering if the sync-cpp library (https://cs.opensource.google/fuchsia/fuchsia/+/main:zircon/system/ulib/sync/BUILD.gn;l=29) has gone through review? I see it's marked as internal category while the corresponding async libraries are partner category.

It is one of the dependencies I have for the driver stuff, and it seems like a pretty straightforward library.

Let me know what the next steps for this should be. I've created a cl to mark it partner (https://fuchsia-review.git.corp.google.com/c/fuchsia/+/878082) but not sure if we want to do an official review for it?

-novin

Novin Changizi

Jul 6, 2023, 4:40:32 AM7/6/23
to api-council, Suraj Malhotra, Yifei Teng
Hi, hope you all had a great weekend! Popping this back to the top since it might have got lost. Lmk what the next steps are for getting this library to partner!

Thanks,
-novin

Hunter Freyer

Jul 19, 2023, 11:06:38 AM7/19/23
to Novin Changizi, api-council, Suraj Malhotra, Yifei Teng
Hey Novin!

Sorry this fell through the cracks. I was on vacation, and I didn't get coverage for my API Council Chair responsibilities. My bad.

I see that https://fuchsia-review.git.corp.google.com/c/fuchsia/+/878082 already went in, flipping this to "partner", but we should have a proper calibration even if it's post-hoc. Luckily, the library is pretty small, so we can probably do something asynchronously.

Could you prepare a CL that makes a whitespace change to the two C++ header files? We'll collect some feedback from council members on that CL.

Thanks,
Hunter

Novin Changizi

Jul 20, 2023, 11:09:56 AM7/20/23
to Hunter Freyer, Roland McGrath, John Grossman, api-council, Suraj Malhotra, Yifei Teng
Hi!

No worries at all, I ended up just reaching out to the library owners @Roland McGrath and @John Grossman to make sure they were ok with moving this to the partner sdk.

I didn't think an API calibration is needed for this library since it is really small, and has existed unchanged in the repo for a long time with lots of users. But just in case, I have created the cl here:

Thanks,
-novin

Hunter Freyer

Jul 24, 2023, 10:17:21 AM7/24/23
to Novin Changizi, Roland McGrath, John Grossman, api-council, Suraj Malhotra, Yifei Teng
Thanks Novin! Taking a look now.

Council members: please take a look sometime this week. I'm particularly looking for volunteers with understanding of our core libraries. It's quite quick!

Thanks,
Hunter

Christopher Anderson

Jul 24, 2023, 11:26:55 AM7/24/23
to Hunter Freyer, Novin Changizi, Roland McGrath, John Grossman, api-council, Suraj Malhotra, Yifei Teng

Hunter Freyer

Jul 31, 2023, 11:06:38 AM7/31/23
to Christopher Anderson, Novin Changizi, Roland McGrath, John Grossman, api-council, Suraj Malhotra, Yifei Teng
Reminder: last call for API council members to comment on this API https://fuchsia-review.git.corp.google.com/c/fuchsia/+/887220!