FPBench Community Meeting 2022-05-05

Bill Zorn

Apr 29, 2022, 5:17:33 PM4/29/22
to fpb...@fpbench.org

Hi all!

This Thursday (May 5th) at 9am Pacific time we will have our next FPBench Community Meeting. The meeting is a chance to talk about numerics research, share early demos, brainstorm new ideas, and stay in touch. We'll keep tweaking the format as we learn more about what works for the community.

We have something a bit different this week, as Sam Coward from Intel will be presenting his research on Automatic Datapath Optimization using E-Graphs. This is a great opportunity to see what it takes to build custom hardware, including for number systems, with just the right bitwidth.

Abstract:

RTL development is hampered by low design space exploration and long debug times. High Level Synthesis and ML techniques are not tackling the nature of optimization RTL teams are doing in complex Graphics type IP. This talk provides initial results on: automatically transforming RTL , exploring the design space, how Intel GFx knowhow is exploited, associated formal verification and how the foundation of the system is using the latest e-graph technology.

Zoom: https://washington.zoom.us/j/92831331326

Notes: FPBench Community Minutes

Slack: Invite link

Hope to see y'all there :)

Bill Zorn

May 5, 2022, 1:25:29 PM5/5/22
to fpb...@fpbench.org
Hi all,

Sam was kind enough to share his slides from the meeting, which I have attached.

We also have a video recording of the meeting, which we will see about distributing over Slack.

Bill
FPBench Talk 05_05_22 GEORGE_distributed.pdf