Community Meeting June 1

Pavel Panchekha

May 25, 2023, 4:51:32 PM5/25/23
to fpb...@fpbench.org
Hi all! A reminder that next week is our monthly FPBench community meeting. This week will feature our very own Mike Lam, an Associate Professor at James Madison University with interests in teaching, systems tools, and high-performance computing.

We'll be doing a Floating-point Education Roundtable. Members of the FPBench community are well-aware of the pitfalls of floating-point representation, but awareness among the wider population of software authors is often painfully inadequate [1]. There is a surprising dearth of quality educational materials and techniques for teaching these issues to students (both undergraduate and graduate). In this roundtable discussion, we’ll look at some of the current approaches and brainstorm possible approaches to improve the state of the art.

Looking forward to seeing you all there and participating in a lively discussion! As always, the meetings are 9am Pacific on Zoom at https://washington.zoom.us/j/92831331326.

—Pavel Panchekha

Pavel Panchekha

May 31, 2023, 5:00:18 PM5/31/23