Benjamin Carleton and Adrian Sampson next Thursday

Pavel Panchekha

Sep 28, 2023, 10:34:37 PM9/28/23
to fpb...@fpbench.org
Hi all!

Next Thursday, 5 October, is our monthly Community Meeting, and this month Adrian Sampson and Benjamin Carleton will be speaking about Calix and Customizing Elementary Function Approximations for Hardware Accelerators:

This talk is a work-in-progress report about our efforts to generate customized hardware implementations of fixed-point function approximations for application-specific accelerators. We built a new compiler from FPCore to Calyx <https://calyxir.org/>, our lab’s IR and compiler for translating high-level descriptions to hardware designs. The interesting part is the need to generate efficient polynomial approximations for elementary functions—and the freedom to customize these implementations for the specific accelerator’s context. We have preliminary (but encouraging) comparisons to a commercial high-level synthesis (HLS) compiler. We will seek feedback on the many possibilities for next steps.

Looking forward to seeing you all there! As always, the meetings are at 9am Pacific at https://washington.zoom.us/j/92831331326

—Pavel Panchekha

Zachary Tatlock

Sep 28, 2023, 10:36:15 PM9/28/23
to fpb...@fpbench.org
Howdy folks!

Next Thursday, 5 October, is our monthly Community Meeting, and this month Adrian Sampson and Benjamin Carleton will be speaking about Calyx and Customizing Elementary Function Approximations for Hardware Accelerators:

This talk is a work-in-progress report about our efforts to generate customized hardware implementations of fixed-point function approximations for application-specific accelerators. We built a new compiler from FPCore to Calyx <https://calyxir.org/>, our lab’s IR and compiler for translating high-level descriptions to hardware designs. The interesting part is the need to generate efficient polynomial approximations for elementary functions—and the freedom to customize these implementations for the specific accelerator’s context. We have preliminary (but encouraging) comparisons to a commercial high-level synthesis (HLS) compiler. We will seek feedback on the many possibilities for next steps.

Looking forward to seeing you all there! As always, the meetings are at 9am Pacific at https://washington.zoom.us/j/92831331326

Cheers,
Pavel and Zach

--