Cloud-based tools for working with Forest Observatory data

Christopher Anderson

Feb 9, 2021, 12:44:54 PM2/9/21
to California Forest Observatory Community
Hi community,

We've written a new blog post offering tips and tools for working the California Forest Observatory data using cloud- and browser-based geospatial software:

This includes overviews and examples of working with:
  • Cloud-optimized geotiffs (COGs)
  • Google Earth Engine
  • SpatioTemporal Asset Catalogs (STAC)
  • the CFO python API
Accompanying this tutorial is a Jupyter Notebook that walks through using each of these. You can either follow along via github or you can clone the repository and run the notebook yourself.

We hope you find these resources useful. We're dedicated to developing and providing high quality conservation tech tools, and we hope these resources makes it easier for you to do your job with the best data available.

Cheers