[FINOS Community] James McLeod's farewell as FINOS Director of Community

James McLeod

Nov 30, 2023, 5:11:15 AM11/30/23
to comm...@finos.org
Dear FINOS Community,

After four incredible years serving as FINOS Director of Community, I have made the difficult decision to embark on a new adventure in my professional open source journey by leaving FINOS on Friday 15th December and joining NatWest Group as their new engineering Head of Open Source on Tuesday 2nd January.

While it was not an easy choice to leave FINOS, this opportunity aligns perfectly with my passion for advancing open source and its transformative power within the financial services industry.

Reflecting on my time here at FINOS, I want to express my deepest gratitude to each and every one of you. The support, collaboration, and camaraderie within this community has been nothing short of extraordinary.

Together, we have achieved remarkable milestones, fostered innovation through FINOS projects & SIGs, and have started to push diversity, equity and inclusion within the financial services open source domain.

The opportunities I have been given during my time at FINOS have shaped me both personally and professionally. It has been an honor to work alongside such a talented community that is dedicated to driving positive change through open collaboration. The passion and expertise that each of you brings to the table has inspired and pushed me every step of the way.

I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to the entire FINOS team for their unwavering support, guidance, and encouragement. The work we have accomplished together has been phenomenal, and I am immensely proud of what we have achieved as a collective force.

Although I will no longer be the FINOS Director of Community, I am confident that the incredible momentum within the FINOS community will continue to thrive. I encourage you all to stay engaged, keep pushing boundaries, and embrace new opportunities for open source growth through FINOS and The Linux Foundation.

I truly believe in the power of community, and I am committed to staying connected with all of you and I look forward to exploring potential areas of collaboration and continuing to build on the foundation we have established together through FINOS.

To celebrate my time as a FINOS team member, I would like to invite you for a festive farewell drink near Liverpool Street Station, London on Tuesday 5th December from 6:30pm GMT where details can be found on the FINOS Community Calendar.

I look forward to engaging with you again soon.

James.

festive-drink-at-nest.png

Stay informed on the latest updates from FINOS, including the FINOS newsletter and notifications of upcoming FINOS events - see www.finos.org/sign-up

'Bowie, Paula' via FINOS General Community List

Nov 30, 2023, 9:55:58 AM11/30/23
to James McLeod, FINOS General List

James – congratulations on your next chapter. You really have built a huge sense of community and collaboration amongst a group that would normally be highly competitive. That is no small feat to achieve and something to be incredibly proud of.

Wishing you well for the future!

Paula

'Tim V Klever' via FINOS General Community List

Nov 30, 2023, 10:53:46 AM11/30/23
to James McLeod, comm...@finos.org

James,

Thanks for all your efforts. Congratulations on your new adventure, I’m sure we’ll get to collaborate with each other again somewhere down the line.

Cheers and Best Wishes,

-Tim

From: James McLeod <james....@finos.org>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 3:11 AM
To: "comm...@finos.org" <comm...@finos.org>

--

Image removed by sender. FINOS logoJames McLeod Director of Community | FINOS

Image removed by sender. Github FINOS Project Catalogue Image removed by sender. Twitter FINOS account Image removed by sender. Facebook FINOS account Image removed by sender. LinkedIn FINOS account

Stay informed on the latest updates from FINOS, including the FINOS newsletter and notifications of upcoming FINOS events - see www.finos.org/sign-up

American Express made the following annotations

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.

American Express Prospective and Existing Customers: For more information about how we protect your privacy, please visit www.americanexpress.com/privacy. If you are located outside the U.S., please select your location at www.americanexpress.com/change-country/ and access the privacy link at the bottom of the page.

American Express a ajouté le commentaire suivant

Ce courrier et toute pièce jointe qu'il contient sont réservés au seul destinataire indiqué et peuvent contenir des renseignements confidentiels et protégés par le secret professionnel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou distribution du courrier ou de toute pièce jointe est interdite. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par courrier et détruire immédiatement le courrier et les pièces jointes.

Clients et prospects d'American Express: Pour plus d'informations sur la façon dont nous protégeons votre vie privée, veuillez visiter www.americanexpress.com/privacy. Si vous êtes situé à l'extérieur des États-Unis, veuillez sélectionner votre emplacement à l'adresse www.americanexpress.com/change-country/ et accéder au lien de confidentialité en bas de la page.

Russ Rutledge

'Alexandra Mysak' via FINOS General Community List

Dec 11, 2023, 5:16:57 AM12/11/23
to Russ Rutledge, James McLeod, comm...@finos.org
Here, here! James, it's been fantastic getting to know you and look forward to continuing the conversation in your new capacity!

Happy holidays. Warmly, Alex

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FINOS members (Private)" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/finos.org/d/msgid/member-private/44437208-1CE2-4D19-BE5C-A0D888CDC70F%40innersourcecommons.org.

Alexandra Mysak

Director - Financial Services

Databricks Inc.

alexand...@databricks.com

646-468-2367

databricks.com

'robert.underwood@jpmchase.com' via FINOS General Community List

Dec 13, 2023, 9:37:09 AM12/13/23
to comm...@finos.org

James,

Repeating what I wrote on LinkedIn.

I am your biggest fan. Your infectious energy has been such a wonderful influence on the FINOS community. A kind soul and profound humanity come through in your every interaction. The entire FINOS community was very lucky to have you as its Director of Community.

Good luck on your next adventure leading open source at NatWest!

You are awesome. And loved.

Rob

Robert Underwood | Head of Open Source Governance | JPMorgan Chase

Begin forwarded message:

From: "'Alexandra Mysak' via FINOS General Community List" <comm...@finos.org>

Date: December 8, 2023 at 12:50:23 PM EST

To: "Russ Rutledge" <ru...@innersourcecommons.org>

Cc: "James McLeod" <james....@finos.org>, <comm...@finos.org>

---
community+...@finos.org.

This message is confidential and subject to terms at: https://www.jpmorgan.com/emaildisclaimer including on confidential, privileged or legal entity information, malicious content and monitoring of electronic messages. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.