[FINOS Community] New Project Announcement: TraderX now Open Source in FINOS

Dov.Katz via FINOS Announcements

Nov 28, 2023, 1:24:32 PM11/28/23
to anno...@finos.org, Clifford...@morganstanley.com

Dear FINOS Community,

I am excited to announce that TraderX was successfully contributed to FINOS and hosted at https://github.com/finos/traderX

TraderX is a Sample Trading Application, designed to be a distributed reference application in the financial services domain which can serve as a starting point for experimentation with various techniques and other open-source projects. It is designed to be simple and accessible to developers of all backgrounds, with minimal pre-assumptions, and it can serve as a starting point for educational and experimentation purposes.

It is designed to be runnable from any developer workstation with minimal assumptions other than Node and Java runtimes (but you can swap any components out with your own.) The libraries and toolkits it uses are meant to be as vanilla as possible, to preserve its approachability by developers of all levels.

For more details, have a look at a recent video demo/presentation I gave at OSFF 2023

TraderX Overview Video - OSFF 2023

Your feedback, issues, and contributions are more than welcome. See CONTRIBUTING.md for more information on how to contribute.

Here are some good first issues where we could use help  Issues · finos/traderX (github.com)

Thanks to the FINOS Community for a warm welcome!

Maintainers (Morgan Stanley):

Dov Katz

Cliff Tiltman

Contributors (Morgan Stanley): Matthew Bain

Contributors (UBS):  Chris Stevenson, Gareth Ncube

Dov B. Katz, Distinguished Engineer
Managing Director
Morgan Stanley | ENTERPRISE TECH & SERVICES

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. By communicating with Morgan Stanley you acknowledge that you have read, understand and consent, (where applicable), to the Morgan Stanley General Disclaimers found at http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers/terms. The entire content of this email message and any files attached to it may be sensitive, confidential, subject to legal privilege and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.

Stay informed on the latest updates from FINOS, including the FINOS newsletter and notifications of upcoming FINOS events - see www.finos.org/sign-up

Gabriele Columbro

Nov 28, 2023, 9:49:43 PM11/28/23
to Dov....@morganstanley.com, anno...@finos.org, Clifford...@morganstanley.com
Dear Community,

I don't even know where to begin to share how excited I am for this project to come to FINOS. While this starts as a sample application, I can already see the potential of integrating so many different projects in our landscape, as well as, who knows, if this takes off, truly becoming the beginning of an "open core".

From its educational & interns potential, to showcasing the art of the possible, to connecting many FINOS projects - so much goodness here and I highly encourage you to jump on board.

Huge kudos to Dov and team, a model for our community from Governing Board leadership all the way to pull requests.

Looking forward to seeing where the Community takes this!

Gab

--
Gabriele Columbro | Executive Director | FINOS

Open Source in taking over Financial Services. Come meet the leaders of the FINOS community for the largest Open Source in Finance Forum to date in NYC on Nov 1st 2023! Secure your spot today

Become a FINOS Member to accelerate your organization path to value in engaging with open source communities and collaborate with the largest financial institutions in the world.