[FINOS Community] Perspective switching from CLA to DCO

Tim Paine

Apr 18, 2024, 11:00:57 AMApr 18
to comm...@finos.org

Dear FINOS Community,

The Perspective team has requested to adopt DCO (Developer Certificate of Origin) instead of CLA as a form of contribution for their project. DCO is widely adopted in the Open Source community, also by projects hosted in the Linux Foundation, like the Linux Kernel; if you want to read more about CLA and DCO, visit our Open Source Readiness body of knowledge.

We've scheduled the switch for Monday 22 April. We're tracking the switch in this issue #2594, so please chime in if you have any comments or questions.

From now on, Perspective contributors will need to use signed commits to submit their contributions to Perspective, and a Github App will automatically flag Pull Requests that contain unsigned commits; we will update the project's documentation (CONTRIBUTING.md) to reflect these changes and merge to coincide with the cutover.

If you are a Project maintainer or contributor, and you're interested in adopting DCO in other projects, please signal your interest by commenting on this issue finos/community#317

Thanks,

Tim

Stay informed on the latest updates from FINOS, including the FINOS newsletter and notifications of upcoming FINOS events - see www.finos.org/sign-up