[FINOS Community] Open Source LLM/AI Tools Exploration Kick-off call tomorrow

1 view

Karl Moll

May 28, 2024, 1:41:25 PMMay 28
to FINOS General Community List, open-fina...@lists.finos.org, ai-readine...@lists.finos.org
Hi FINOS AI community,

A quick reminder that tomorrow (Wednesday May 29 @ 10am ET) will be the kick-off call for the Open Source LLM/AI Tools Exploration (OS-LLM-E) initiative (we will be looking at a better name going forward!). This is a sub-initiative of the AI Strategic Initiative which is open to the community and will be augmenting the work of the members-only AI Readiness SIG.

In tomorrow's call we will discuss:
  1. How the OS-LLM-E initiative fits into the larger AI Strategic Initiative
  2. The existing work being done by different groups in the community on open source benchmarks, data frameworks, and open data sets AND how the initiative will act as a community hub to coordinate efforts between the existing & future work
  3. A discussion of the Model Openness Framework which will guide what kind of tooling we can build together and what openness means for us (compared to other uses of "open" in the AI world so far which might be considered "open-washing")
  4. A presentation of the action plan for how the initiatives will coordinate efforts and the vision of what we can build by working together in the open.
  5. A showcase of our methodology for moving Proof of Concepts into Minimum Viable Products - we have two use cases which are currently in the "Proof of Concept Development" phase, and we will be holding workshops to "ideate, validate, and scope" future use cases which the community can work on building together. Example: we are currently guiding a team on a hackathon submission tied to the above topics, and we would be more than happy to work with other teams who might want to participate in the upcoming Structured Finance Hackathon (we will provide more details on the call tomorrow!)

Attached is the .ics calendar invite and as always you can find the invite on calendar.finos.org and here are the Zoom details:

Topic: Open Source LLM/AI Tools Exploration Kick-off
Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/94358659215?pwd=VGNzekVPSEJwcUxTU0JWTU1DQy82UT09
Meeting ID: 943 5865 9215
Passcode: 542188

Looking forward to talking tomorrow, and please feel free to invite your network who might be interested!

Best,
Karl Moll
Technical Project Advocate
FINOS

Stay informed on the latest updates from FINOS, including the FINOS newsletter and notifications of upcoming FINOS events - see www.finos.org/sign-up
invite.ics
open-source-llm-ai-tools-exploration.ics