[FINOS Community] A note of my recent appointment as GM, Linux Foundation Europe

Gabriele Columbro

Sep 14, 2022, 8:55:33 PM9/14/22
to FINOS General List, All FINOS
Dear FINOS Community,

Hope this note finds you well.

Some of you might have seen an announcement by the Linux Foundation earlier today, as today we launched Linux Foundation Europe and I have had the honor to be appointed General Manager for Europe. In case you wanted to amplify, here's a LinkedIn and a Twitter post.

While these are of course exciting times for me personally and for FINOS, as this gives us increased visibility not just in Europe but in the Linux Foundation at large, I wanted to take a second to reach out and let you know that there are no changes as far as FINOS is concerned and I will, with the support of our awesome team, continue in my role as Executive Director of FINOS.

In other words, you won't get rid of me so easily :)

Of course, I'd love to hear from you at g...@linuxfoundation.eu if you are interested in Europe related collaboration opportunities beyond FINOS. I believe there's a huge opportunity for financial institutions to lead across the whole technology spectrum in this region, as our newly released World of Open Source: Europe Spotlight 2022 research has uncovered.

Thanks for all your support to date and looking forward to bringing FINOS to new heights in my additional capacity.

Gab

--
Gabriele Columbro | Executive Director | FINOS

Did you miss the 2022 Open Source in Finance Forum Europe? Check out the videos and slides of the sessions and register today for the Open Source in Finance Forum New York on December 8th 2022 to see for yourself!

Help us measure the growth of the open source in financial services movement: take the FINOS 2022 State of Open Source in FSI survey! Check out last year's report

Stay informed on the latest updates from FINOS, including the FINOS newsletter and notifications of upcoming FINOS events - see www.finos.org/sign-up